AdventHealth (formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Birthing Center) added three floors and 76,000 square feet to the hospital’s one-story existing unit. The new structure was elevated to provide ground level parking and a secure entry underneath.
AOG provided special inspections and materials testing from the initial utility trenches to the deck on the roof. The structural steel was “skinned” in precast concrete panels and glass.
- Geotechnical Drilling and Engineering
- Foundation Inspection – Drilled Piers
- Soil Verification
- Compaction Testing of Soil
- Structural Steel Inspection
- Bolts & Welds
- Structural Masonry Inspection
- Reinforcing Steel Inspections
- Reinforced Concrete Inspections
- Fireproofing Inspections
- Floor Flatness Testing
General Contractor: United Excel
Architect: Hofer Wysocki
Engineer: Henderson Engineers