Berry Plastics Manufacturing
Alpha-Omega Geotech assisted Berry Plastics Manufacturing in the construction of a new single-story plant for manufacturing and distributing plastic food and beverage containers. The building consisted of over 300,000 square foot of floor slab poured over several months of construction. AOG provided all testing including Floor Flatness with a moderate 25/35 FF/FL value.
The construction consisted of concrete tilt-up panels with structural steel interior columns, intensifying the reliance on proper compaction of earthen fills to support building load. AOG was a full-service provider delivering geotechnical engineering and lab support, along with special inspection and field testing in partnership with contracted firms and material services providers in and around Kansas City.
- Geotechnical Drilling and Engineering
- Foundation Inspection – Spread Footings
- Soil Verification
- Compaction Testing of Soil
- Reinforcing Steel Inspections
- Reinforced Concrete Inspections
- Floor Flatness Testing
- Structural Steel Inspection
- Bolts and Welds
- Gene Fritzel Construction
- Paul Werner Architects