AOG is Powered by Mobile Project Teams!
Our special inspections project teams work with you on site to monitor materials and workmanship. We ensure compliance with approved plans, specs, building codes, and ordinances. Kansas City has ready access to Type C fly ash and our team is very familiar with this, and other regionally compatible subsurface materials. We have the technical acumen and experience to administer compaction and proctor testing using T probes, Geo Gauges, DCP’s and Nuclear Densitometers.
Special Inspections and Field Services:
- Batch plant inspection
- Compaction of structural fill, lift-by-lift (Nuclear Density Gauge, GeoGauge)
- Concrete coring and cutting
- Concrete placement and sampling
- Electrical resistivity surveys
- Floor flatness testing (FF and FL)
- High-strength bolting
- Reinforcing steel placement inspection
- Sampling and testing of fresh or hardened concrete
- Special Inspections per the International Building Code (IBC), Chapter 17, “Special Inspections and Tests”
- Spray-applied fireproofing
- Structural masonry inspections
- Structural steel and welding inspections
- Swiss hammer rebound testing (ASTM C805)
- Thickness verification
- Vapor emission through hardened concrete
- Verification of bearing conditions for foundations
Dynamic Cone Penetrometer
Uses a 6.8 kg steel mass that falls 50.8 cm to strike an anvil and cause penetration of a 3.8 cm diameter cone (45-degree vertex angle) that is seated in the bottom of a hand augered hole. CDP can be used effectively in augered holes of depths 15-20 ft.
A procedure for calculating the in-place density and moisture of earthwork through the use of a nuclear gauge. This method may be used in conjunction with either a Standard or Modified Proctor Density Test for identifying the percent of Maximum Density.
Need Special Inspections or Field Services? Call us!
Operations / Field Services Manager
Direct Dial: 913-717-4091