ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
Surprises can pop up in soil at any time that can threaten the ground’s stability.
As part of the project team, we do everything possible to mitigate risks and ward off instabilities so projects can move forward.
We monitor compliance throughout all phases of construction and perform all geotechnical special inspections required to comply with Kansas and Missouri building codes.
SPECIAL INSPECTIONS SERVICES
- Compliance inspections
- Asphalt & concrete inspections
- Batch plant inspections
- Inspection of pile installations
- Inspection of subgrade and foundation work
- Inspection of soil & soil aggregates
- Inspection of soil stabilization and stability methods
- Quality inspections for the mechanical strength of soils
- Inspection of soil density and moisture content
- Determination of flow of groundwater through soils
- Electrical resistivity surveys
- Soil boring and test pit inspections
- Soil erosion and sediment control inspections
- Soil percolation & water infiltration inspections
- Utility condition assessments
- Utility construction inspections
- Structural masonry inspections
- Location & extent of flaws
- Vapor emission through hardened concrete
- Thickness analysis of slabs, columns & beams
- Guide wall stability inspections
- Structural steel and welding inspections
- Reinforcing steel placement inspections
- Trench stability inspections
- Materials failure investigations
- Failure of structural components
CONSTRUCTION PHASE FIELD SERVICES
- Compliance oversight in all phases of construction
- Pre and post construction surveys
- Progress inspections
- Risk assessment
- Engineering support
- Monitoring of Ground and wall movements
- Monitoring movement of adjacent structures
- Foundation installation monitoring
- Monitoring of pile installations & load weights
- Concrete coring and cutting
- Concrete placement and sampling
- Vibration and noise monitoring
- Groundwater level monitoring and pressure testing
- Compaction of structural fill
- High-strength bolting
- Spray-applied fireproofing
- IBC Special Inspections
FLOOR FLATNESS TESTING
A flat floor maximizes space, especially in industrial buildings. It’s required for stable shelving systems and automated picking devices, forklifts, and other mobile machinery used to support industrial operations.
AOG has a long history of ensuring floor flatness for industrial purposes, like this floor designed for high-pressure stamping machinery at Ford’s Claycomo plant.
Compacted soil is required to support building foundations, structures of all sizes, roadways, and retaining structures.
Our geotechnical engineering reports provide the soil density specifications and degree of compaction needed for adequate foundation performance.