AOG is Powered by Mobile Project Teams!
Our special inspections project teams work with you on site to monitor materials and workmanship. We ensure compliance with approved plans, specs, building codes, and ordinances.
Special Inspections and Field Services:
- Batch plant inspection
- Compaction of structural fill, lift-by-lift (Nuclear Density Gauge, GeoGauge)
- Concrete coring and cutting
- Concrete placement and sampling
- Electrical resistivity surveys
- Floor flatness testing (FF and FL)
- High-strength bolting
- Reinforcing steel placement inspection
- Sampling and testing of fresh or hardened concrete
- Special Inspections per the International Building Code (IBC), Chapter 17, “Special Inspections and Tests”
- Spray-applied fireproofing
- Structural masonry inspections
- Structural steel and welding inspections
- Swiss hammer rebound testing (ASTM C805)
- Thickness verification
- Vapor emission through hardened concrete
- Verification of bearing conditions for foundations
Kansas City has ready access to Type C fly ash and our team is very familiar with this, and other regionally compatible sub-base materials. We have the technical acumen and experience to administer compaction and proctor testing using T probes, Geogauges, DCP’s and Nuclear Densitometers.
Dynamic Cone Penetrometer: Uses a 6.8 kg steel mass that falls 50.8 cm to strike an anvil and cause penetration of a 3.8 cm diameter cone (45-degree vertex angle) that is seated in the bottom of a hand augered hole. CDP can be used effectively in augered holes of depths 15-20 ft.
Compaction Testing: A procedure for calculating the in-place density and moisture of earthwork through the use of a nuclear gauge. This method may be used in conjunction with either a Standard or Modified Proctor Density Test for identifying the percent of Maximum Density.
CASE STUDY: Berry Plastics Manufacturing Facility, Lawrence, KS
AOG assisted in the construction of a single-story plant intended for the manufacture and distribution of plastic food and beverage containers. The building consisted of over 300,000 square foot of floor slab poured over several months of construction.
AOG provided all testing including Floor Flatness with a moderate 25/35 FF/FL value. The construction consisted of concrete tilt-up panels with structural steel interior columns, intensifying the reliance on proper compaction of earthen fills to support building load. AOG was a full-service provider delivering geotechnical engineering and lab support, along with special inspection and field testing in partnership with contracted firms and material services providers in and around Kansas City.
- Geotechnical Drilling and Engineering
- Foundation Inspection – Spread Footings
- Soil Verification
- Compaction Testing of Soil
- Reinforcing Steel Inspections
- Reinforced Concrete Inspections
- Floor Flatness Testing
- Structural Steel Inspection
- Bolts and Welds