Swift Transportation Pavement Expansion
Swift Transportation hired AOG to assist with a pavement expansion project at their Edwardsville, Kansas facility.
The area to be paved was in a low lying area near the river composed of silty soils that retained water. AOG engineered soil remediation recommendations to ensure the soil would support the slab and expected traffic. We also made pavement recommendations for pavement thickness and joint spacing to allow the slab to withstand the anticipated movement in the soft soils.
During the construction phase, we monitored remediation of the subgrade and the low-volume-change material placed to support the concrete slabs. We also tested the concrete to ensure compliance with the specifications and performed quality assurance functions during the paving operations.
- Field and Laboratory Testing
- Soil Verification
- Compaction Testing of Soil
- Reinforcing Steel Inspection
- Concrete Testing and Inspection
- Contractor: George J. Shaw Construction
- Designer: Creal Clark & Seifert Architects/Engineers, Inc.