901 New Hampshire Lofts
The City of Lawrence, Kansas had unused parcels of land they wanted to develop in the downtown area. We worked on one of those parcels, the 901 New Hampshire Lofts. Built adjacent to an existing parking structure. the seven-story, mixed-use building has 55 fully finished apartment units and commercial retail space on the first and second floors.
The building was made from reinforced concrete with a precast exterior and masonry skin.
The foundation of the structure presented several unique challenges. During the pier installation, groundwater problems occurred so AOG worked with the structural engineers to come up with new foundation design recommendations.
Field Services Provided:
- Geotechnical Drilling and Engineering
- Foundation Inspection – Drilled Piers
- Soil Verification
- Compaction Testing of Soil
- Structural Steel Inspection
- Reinforcing Steel Inspections
- Reinforced Concrete Inspections