Cargill Soybean Plant
Cargill, Inc. owns and operates a soybean processing and oil extraction plant in Kansas City, Missouri. In 2006, the Minnesota-based company replaced the facility with a new one that allowed them to increase processing capacity by about 57 percent, from 95,000 bushels a day to 165,000 bushels.
Cargill is located near the Missouri River so the silty soil meant there was a high risk the foundation would settle unevenly and potentially crack. To ensure this wouldn’t happen, AOG conducted 80-100 foot deep test borings and soil verification as part of our geotechnical engineering investigation.
AOG Project Services:
- Geotechnical drilling and engineering
- Foundation inspection, auger cast piling, spread footings, and geopiers
- Soil verification
- Compaction testing of soil
- Reinforcing steel inspection
- Concrete testing and inspection
- Structural steel inspection
- Bolts and welds