Children’s Mercy Hospital Building Addition & Parking Garage
AOG assisted in the construction of a 5-story addition over seven levels of parking at Children’s Mercy Hospital Adele Hall campus. The lowest parking level was estimated to be 50 feet below ground, which required the use of extensive shoring and foundation support to protect the existing buildings and adjacent public streets.
We provided comprehensive geotechnical engineering, drilling and sampling services for the use of high-capacity foundation elements on the underlying bedrock. We also provided special inspections throughout the construction phase.
- Geotechnical Drilling and Engineering
- Foundation Inspection – Drilled Piers and Spread Footings on Bedrock
- Inspection of Excavation Shoring including Proof-testing of Grouted Ground Anchors
- Soil Verification
- Compaction Testing of Soil
- Reinforcing Steel Inspections
- Concrete Testing and Inspections
General Contractor: JE Dunn Construction