Children’s Mercy Hospital Addition & Parking Garage
AOG provided comprehensive geotechnical engineering expertise for the construction of a 5-story addition over seven levels of parking at Children’s Mercy Hospital Adele Hall campus. The lowest parking level was estimated to be 50 feet below ground, which required the use of extensive shoring and foundation support to protect the existing buildings and adjacent public streets.
We also provided drilling, sampling, and special inspections throughout all phases of construction.
- Geotechnical Drilling and Engineering
- Foundation Inspection – Drilled Piers and Spread Footings on Bedrock
- Inspection of Excavation Shoring including Proof-testing of Grouted Ground Anchors
- Soil Verification
- Compaction Testing of Soil
- Reinforcing Steel Inspections
- Concrete Testing and Inspections
General Contractor: JE Dunn Construction