Children’s Mercy Hospital Chisholm Parking Garage
This project involved the construction of a six-story parking structure located at 22nd and Holmes Road in Kansas City, Missouri. There was an existing building located directly southeast of the garage that was supported on spread footings on rock or short drilled piers to rock, and an existing retaining wall to the north.
The parking structure is supported by a foundation system of drilled pier bearing on a competent limestone bedrock formation. This type of foundation system required a large diameter concrete cylinder constructed by placing fresh concrete and reinforcing steel into a drilled shaft.
The Chisholm parking structure does not have a basement. The finished floor elevation of the lower level matched the existing site elevation with very little of the lower level below grade.
- Geotechnical Drilling and Engineering
- Special Inspections (drilled shaft inspection, post-tensioned concrete inspection, placement of reinforced concrete, placement of anchor bolts, placement of reinforcing steel, structural steel bolts/welding)
- Construction Material Testing (soil verification and compaction, concrete testing)
Design & Construction Team:
- Client Children's Mercy Hospital
- Date December 10, 2017
- Tags Parking Garages & Pavement